Houston is home to some of the world’s largest and most prestigious medical institutions, as well as individual practices and medical equipment companies. In addition to the valuable role they play in our society, healthcare professionals and healthcare entities are businesses with corporate and transactional needs similar to other businesses. However, because of regulations affecting healthcare professionals and entities, business transactions of healthcare professionals and healthcare entities require additional scrutiny. Healthcare transactions lawyer Charlene Carolina can help emerging and established healthcare related businesses with all aspects of business establishment and management, from business planning and entity formation to dissolution and everything in between.
Charlene Carolina has been a trusted advisor to healthcare professionals, including physicians, physician groups, and continuing care facilities. She also represents companies that provide services to those in the healthcare industry, such as management companies, auditors, information technology vendors, and other service providers.
Her broad experience in healthcare transactional work has positioned her to handle a range of transactional matters, including:
- Business Planning: As your “outside” general counsel, Ms. Carolina can advise you in the key areas affecting your strategy and operations – whether it be business structure, employee relationships, or contracts, and when necessary, interact with specialized outside counsel (for example, trademark and patents, tax, specific industry-based regulatory counsel).
- Buyer and Seller Representation: Physicians come and go from medical groups. When a physician enters a practice as a shareholder or partner, the practice should prepare for the physician’s exit.
- Contracts: Our health care contract attorney has extensive experience drafting and reviewing a wide range of documents. Her attention to detail and business law acumen greatly benefit medical providers in contract negotiations.
- Employment Issues: Attorneys advise our healthcare clients on all aspects of employee-employer relationships. Conflict prevention is a major component of our practice; however, when disputes do arise, we help our clients minimize risks by ensuring regulatory compliance and protecting our clients’ interests.
- Entity Formation: When it comes to running your own business, there is a choice between several different types of legal entities. There is no “right” or “wrong” choice: the choice of structure for your business will depend on many considerations, including tax implications, management style, the number of owners and the relationship between them, limiting personal liability, and attractiveness to investors.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: We have first-hand knowledge and experience in the healthcare industry and deliver a practical, hands-on approach to closing deals without overcomplicating the process.
- Physician Employment Agreements: There is no such thing as a “standard physician employment agreement.” All terms of any contract are negotiable if you have the right lawyer. We will make sure that you do not start working until you have a copy of the employment agreement signed by you and your employer to ensure it remains valid and enforceable.
- Real Estate Transactions: We represent hospitals, healthcare systems, physician groups, developers, senior living and long-term care facilities, investors and operators in a wide range of health care real estate transactions, including the development, acquisition, financing and disposition of real estate assets.
Charlene has a wealth of experience helping businesses thrive in a highly regulated environment, and she is able to advise clients in a way that ensures their businesses remain viable during transitional periods.
Leveraging Many Perspectives to Benefit Our Clients
Small businesses require the services of a lawyer for many different reasons. We offer several services to address these needs. Our healthcare attorney appropriately analyzes and structure transactions, brings matters to successful resolution whenever possible, and assists clients in meeting their business objectives. She develops innovative and creative ways to help healthcare clients increase their profitability and protect their assets. Contact Charlene Carolina today for help with your healthcare transactions.